10.2.08

I do miss good ole K.V.

I am:
Kurt Vonnegut
For years, this unique creator of absurd and haunting tales denied that he had anything to do with science fiction.


Which science fiction writer are you?

This April will mark one year since the world lost the wonderful and acerbic imagination and presence that was Kurt Vonnegut. K.V., along with Harlan Ellison and Ray Bradbury, got me through the rough times that are known as high school. Were it not for their writings, I would've taken high school much more seriously than is healthy and may have ended up either as a suicide statistic or the Ur-Columbine shooter, not a good thing. Also the three of them are to blame for making me want to be a writer as well, (there I said it, I want to be a...writer. Oh, lawd hep me!)

My favorites of K.V's works have to be Breakfast of Champions, (the very first one I ever read and you always remember your first), Cat's Cradle, and Welcome to the Monkey House. Those are at least the ones I go back to time and again, but I have to say you really can't go wrong with anything the man wrote. So it goes.

No comments: