3.2.08

Read for January

To start, I'd like to begin by listing what I've read during the past month. January saw really only one thing I began and finished in that month: The Iron Dragon's Daughter by Michael Swanwick. I've been a fan of Mr. Swanwick's for some time now, especially his short stories, but have never gotten around to this 1993 "Hard Fantasy" novel of his. Turns out, January saw the publication of the sort-of sequel to it, The Dragons of Babel and Swanwick was going to be appearing at Chattacon, in Chattanooga, later in the month, so now seemed like as good a time as any to read what turned out to be a mind-blowing book. Check out the above links to learn more.

1 comment:

Andy Duncan said...

Anything by Michael Swanwick is worth reading, and he's a great reader/performer and con guest, too. My favorite of his novels so far is Jack Faust. Hope you enjoyed Chattacon; I always have.