2.11.11

A Round of Words in 80 days, more or less

Howdy,

My name is House Holder--at least, that's what I go by for these purposes. I'm a gonna-be writer.

I'm also a short timer. Mainly because I just found out about this site (thanks to this guy) and decided to do this instead of NaNoWriMo. I tried NaNoWriMo back in '04 and found it wanting. I don't write that way, don't care for the pressure. So, I decided to give this a try. I like the philosophy of ROW80 and want to use it jump start my writing after a few months in a state of stall.

So, what are my goals for ROW80? Well, I'm starting a novel, so I guess planning my novel is the foremost thing I'll work on to start. (Which, in truth, is what I've been working on before now. I'm just not finished.) I'm going to make a synopsis instead of an outline this go round. I co-wrote a novel earlier this year and we used an outline which was a tremendous help for the type of novel we were doing, but since my novel doesn't fit one genre in particular, (It's satirical SF with a dash of realism thrown in for flavoring, or not. Since I've just started, I've no idea where it's going to go), I thought I'd try the synopsis-style outline.

After that, I'd like to focus on production. Knowing me and my schedule and general disposition, my goal to start is a page a day. If I do more, great. If I do less, well, no Oreos for me.

Wish me luck!

No comments: